Friday, January 21, 2005


Nothing like a cosy campfire to warm the winter nights Posted by Hello

I love nature hiking since it gives me the opportunity to do the thing I love ant that is taking pictures of beautiful landscapes. We normally do this with friends on weekends. Mostly 2 day hikes where we stay over at a base camp. We go hiking in the day and in the evenings we make a big campfire and bathe in the heat and ever changing form of the fire.

Then I get time to think. I think about life, my life destiny and the way I'm living my life. Who in my life is most important to me. A time of quietness after the busy hustle and bustle of everyday life. I sometimes wonder why life can get so monotonous. So routine, so void of excitement. As a child you would grow up with the wonder of anticipation, not knowing what will await you later in life. Almost like waiting to open presents at Chistmas. Then when you get there (grow up, get a job etc), you suddenly get very disillusioned...Is this all there is to life? What has happened to all my childhood dreams of accomplishing something great in my life? You also do not find a complete fulfilling for the loneliness, the hunger...

You live for the people around you. When I come home in the late afternoons 17h00 and my daughter comes running to the gate, VERY excited to see me after a long day of work...I find a reason for living. I love my family. My wife, my boy and my daughter. They provide me with endless pleasure. Times of laughter, times of happiness and the knowing that I am here for them...

No comments: